coral mists ocean wide




I found this kid playing with broken glass like it was the most safest thing in the world. He had picked up a large shard and placed it between two bricks like he was going to practice kung fu on it. On top of that he had no shoes. As I tried to tell him this was not the right way to play, he scowled and continued to walk around barefoot ignoring my pleas that the glass was sharp. Eventually some passerbys stopped to watch until one man decided to talk some sense into this kid and found his shoes.


Rickshaw drivers and delivery men often wear neat dark grey or navy blue blazers.


In China, buses on 1-hour or more trips include bottled water. Recycling is done mainly by old hands. The elderly pick through trash and smash their findings under their feet to make room in their bags for more bottles. You find plastic used everywhere in every way. If it can be made from plastic then it is also cheap and replaceable. The cafes are filled with bright pink plastic chairs. Hainan farming and construction are very simple; I rarely see mechanical machinery used.

Beatnut sellers are common place. They are chewed with leaves containing a white substance that is supposed to make your breath smell good. Lots of tobacco smokers chew beatnuts. It also has a mild relaxing affect. Consequently, Hainanese may offer beatnuts at celebrations to put guests at ease.

Even in larger cities you will find clusters of stone houses with worn red doors and ceramic roof tiles in between boxy buildings. Solar heated water cisterns on the roofs are a common sight. Chinese people don't put bars on their windows in America because of crime- bars are on every home in China that isn't a high rise.
























I am blocked, first of my own volition, now my own circumstances. Even in my dreams I feel trapped; possibilities seem darkened.

I must find another solution.

I am a doer not a follower.

A mulberry wine shirt forgotten, buried far in my closet.

Favored flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heal the activists, the tired, the hungry, the angry and the improper: arts and scientists can synthesize the new approach to how we imagine the human race.

The Outside and the Inside are Inseparable

Mexico Cosas