Staying home until winter blows over...
I've been sick. I finally admitted it today after my body told me, no more- you are only doing the bare minimum. I yielded to the cloudy head, aches and runny nose and relinquished my hope that i could fight it. While succumbing to the cold, I also feel I have defeated it because after the worst is over it can only get better right?
Another thing I learned about having the cold, is that all other bullshit gets tossed to the side. You're barely functioning, so you let go of anything not important including 'to do' list and people not worth talking to- I exchange my busy life, for time and space to be with myself and my snot, patiently waiting to recover while drinking hot tea, warm soup and trying to nap.
Today was probably one of the best days to take the "day off" and I don't mean from work, I mean life. I was already off the work schedule today and the temperature is currently dropping to like -4. Hence, social life halts, attending lectures, screenings or going to gatherings- people cancel left and right. My personal schedule had been quite full for today including yoga, taking a friend to the airport, doctor's appointment and finally making it home for a late lunch. I decided everything else could wait.
And as a result, I produced this: Her name is Hope.
Today was one of my best days in the house. I began watching American Horror Story: Asylum, which is creepy as well, Catholicism, criminally insane and mad scientists can be. In the end, I sit here finally writing on my blog after eons of being lazy with expressing my thoughts on screen. It feels good. I look at my cat, as happy as can be, nestled within the empty seat of my blanket and cushions nest- telling me: this is where you need to be. Happy New Year y'all.
Another thing I learned about having the cold, is that all other bullshit gets tossed to the side. You're barely functioning, so you let go of anything not important including 'to do' list and people not worth talking to- I exchange my busy life, for time and space to be with myself and my snot, patiently waiting to recover while drinking hot tea, warm soup and trying to nap.
Today was probably one of the best days to take the "day off" and I don't mean from work, I mean life. I was already off the work schedule today and the temperature is currently dropping to like -4. Hence, social life halts, attending lectures, screenings or going to gatherings- people cancel left and right. My personal schedule had been quite full for today including yoga, taking a friend to the airport, doctor's appointment and finally making it home for a late lunch. I decided everything else could wait.
And as a result, I produced this: Her name is Hope.
Today was one of my best days in the house. I began watching American Horror Story: Asylum, which is creepy as well, Catholicism, criminally insane and mad scientists can be. In the end, I sit here finally writing on my blog after eons of being lazy with expressing my thoughts on screen. It feels good. I look at my cat, as happy as can be, nestled within the empty seat of my blanket and cushions nest- telling me: this is where you need to be. Happy New Year y'all.


Comments